The Writing Thief cont.

I began this post about the book I'm currently reading...


last week at ...



Click above to go back to the beginning by clicking here.

The 4Ws of Writing that Ruth identifies as most important, which I totally agree! They are the basics...

Writing Process--Prewriting, Drafting, Feedback, Revision, Editing, Publishing

Writing Traits--Ideas, Organization, Voice, Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Conventions, Presentation (new to me)

Writing Workshop--the classroom structure

Writing Modes--Narrative, Expository/Informational, Persuasive/Opinion/Argumentative

All are dynamic, research based, and essential elements that lead to student writing success!

See you on Wednesday when I will discuss Chapter 2-The Power of Mentor Texts for Writing.

3 comments

Tammy said...

I'm reading the same book and posted about it yesterday! I am really enjoying it. I'll have to check back and see if we're in the same spot and same page!

Kathy said...

I'll go check it out!

Kathy

Nicole said...

I've been following you for a while now, and love all you're ideas and posts! Thanks for sharing!
Nicole
Check out my new blog at
livelaughteachfirstgrade.com

Post a Comment

THANKS for taking the time to comment!