How's the Weather?

We are learning about weather in my classroom!


Here are a just a couple of our activities...


We watched the weather for a week and recorded it on our chart. This was a week long homework project.



We read  Little Cloud by Eric Carle outside and then laid back in the grass and looked at clouds in the sky to see what we could see.

Then we came in and finger painted white paint on blue paper.  When it dried, we cut a shape out of our painted paper.

We glued it on another piece of blue paper.  We cut cloud shapes out of writing paper and wrote

Sometimes it looked like a _______. But it was just a cloud.


Take a look...






We also read The Cloud Book by Tomie DePaula.


Then we created our own lift-the-flap cloud books about cirrus, cumulus, and stratus clouds.  We shaped clouds on the outside with cotton balls and wrote 3 descriptions of each cloud under the flaps.








Here's a word search to practice some of our weather vocabulary.



I created a new BINGO game called RAIN with weather words and pics.  We will be playing this tomorrow.


Here's my Weather Words Concentration game also.



Both games are posted in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  Check it out when you get a chance.

This is our test for the end of our weather unit.


Click on the pictures above to grab your own copies of some of our activities.  ENJOY!

4 comments

Unknown said...

I just read Eric Carle's Little Cloud to my students last week. We put a dot of white paint in the middle of blue construction paper and folded the paper in half, smearing the paint in the middle. We labeled these "clouds" the same way you did! Love your blog! I added your button to my blog as one of my favorites!
Rebecca at http://teachingfirst-abc.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger award! Thank you for sharing your ideas and hard work.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Mrs.M said...

Hey girl, thanks for putting me on your sidebar...I appreciate it! I will do the same!

Also we are doing clouds next week, so these activities will be perfect, thanks!

Gena@ THe Techy Teacher -- tekyteach.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, new follower right here! Love all the great educational activities on here. My daughter is only 2 but it definitely gives us more things to work on.

Post a Comment

THANKS for taking the time to comment!